A portion of the bulletin board in the library is reserved for items of the general community interest. This space is intended primarily for notices of upcoming meetings and events that are open to the public. All items for the bulletin board are left with library staff at the circulation desk. Only items meeting the following guidelines will be posted. Any unauthorized items found on the bulletin board will be removed and discarded.
1. Priority for bulletin board space is given to notices of specific upcoming events. Flyers or posters are to be no larger than 11″ X 17″. Larger items will be posted only if space is readily available.
2. Information about services and events that are available on a continuing basis may be posted if space permits. These notices will be dated when posted and removed after a maximum of three weeks.
3. Commercial notices will not be accepted. This includes items for sale or services for sale.
4. No partisan political notices will be accepted for the bulletin board. Campaign literature may be placed in literature racks in the library lobby.
5. The library does not advocate or endorse the viewpoints, beliefs, or activities of any organization or event that is publicized on the community bulletin board.
Flyers and Brochures
There are literature racks in the library lobby and near the lobby entrance to the library for multiple copies of flyers and brochures of general educational or cultural interest to the community. Commercial advertisements are not to be placed in these racks. The library reserves the right to remove materials from these racks to ensure space for others, to keep materials current, and to eliminate items of a commercial or other inappropriate nature. Political campaign literature is permitted during the period prior to an election.
Approved by the Board of Commissioners: May 20, 2013